- Preventing cyber security attacks lies in strategic, third-party investments October 21, 2019
Companies interested in protecting themselves and their customers from cyber-attacks need to invest in themselves and the vendors that handle their data, according to new research.
- Combination of techniques could improve security for IoT devices October 10, 2019
A multi-pronged data analysis approach that can strengthen the security of Internet of Things (IoT) devices — such as smart TVs, home video cameras and baby monitors — against current risks and threats has been created.
- Scientists one step closer to a fully functioning quantum computer September 25, 2019
Quantum computing has the potential to revolutionize technology, medicine, and science by providing faster and more efficient processors, sensors, and communication devices. But transferring information and correcting errors within a quantum system remains a challenge. Researchers now demonstrate a new method of relaying information by transferring the state of electrons. The research brings scientists one […]
- Here's the kind of data hackers get about you from hospitals September 23, 2019
New research has uncovered the specific data leaked through hospital breaches, sounding alarm bells for nearly 170 million people.
- 'Poor man's qubit' can solve quantum problems without going quantum September 18, 2019
Researchers have built and demonstrated the first hardware for a probabilistic computer, a possible way to bridge the gap between classical and quantum computing.
- New tools to minimize risks in shared, augmented-reality environments August 20, 2019
Security researchers have created ShareAR, a toolkit that lets developers build collaborative and interactive features into AR apps without sacrificing their users' privacy and security.
- Router guest networks lack adequate security, experts say August 15, 2019
While many organizations and home networks use a host and guest network on the same router hardware to increase security, a new study indicates that routers from well-known manufacturers are vulnerable to cross-router data leaks through a malicious attack on one of the two separated networks.
- App allows inspectors to find gas pump skimmers faster August 14, 2019
Computer scientists have developed an app that allows state and federal inspectors to detect devices that steal consumer credit and debit card data at gas pumps. The devices, known as skimmers, use Bluetooth to transmit the data they steal.
- Tech companies not doing enough to protect users from phishing scams July 30, 2019
Just over 15 years after the first reported incident of phishing, new research suggests tech companies could be doing more to protect users from the threat of scams. However, greater awareness of the issue is also needed among individuals and organizations.
- Anonymizing personal data 'not enough to protect privacy,' shows new study July 23, 2019
Current methods for anonymizing data leave individuals at risk of being re-identified, according to new research.